Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Why I chose Wright state

I chose Wright State for a few reasons. Reasons #1 and #2 are the music faculty and a scholarship.
I was, and continue to be, very impressed with the music teachers here. They love what they do and love to teach others how to do it. It's one thing to teach music to people, but there is a world of difference between those who teach as an occupation, and those who teach it because it's their passion. When someone is enthusiastic about their work, it's contagious! Even when their job doesn't look like it's particularly fun, you still want to try it when you see them enjoying it so much.

Shortly after auditioning for Wright State, I got a wonderful phone call informing me that I was given a scholarship. I am very blessed to have received this award. I am enjoying school so far and hope to continue enjoying throughout the next few years.

Another reason for attending Wright State is that it's close to home. Without having to rent an apartment, I can put the money that would have been spent on rent to help cover tuition costs and various other expenses. (Gas, food, etc.)
All things considered, Wright State seems to be a sensible choice for me at this time.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree...the teachers at WSU are amazing! Congrats on your scholarship!

    ReplyDelete